Monday, June 16, 2008

View from my Parking Garage

The image “http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg36/RobertWBoyd/GreensBayou.jpg?t=1213613617” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.This is, I believe, Greens Bayou. I took this shot from the fifth floor of a parking garage, just south of the North Sam Houston Parkway. It's amazing that there would be such beautiful undeveloped land inside the beltway. But really, if you look at a map of Houston, there are curious blank spaces all over it (few as lovely as this, no doubt). So why does development gravitate to places like Katy and far northern burbs like Kingwood and beyond? I dunno.

From this vantage, I could be looking out over a landscape of parking lots, strip malls, and low rise apartment complexes, so I'm grateful that, for now at least, I get to see this lovely view every weekday morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home